Friday, October 19, 2007

pumpkins and stuff!




Halloween is quickly creeping up on us and we still have some more ideas to share with you all!




"Spooky" Window by Kim Loewen
Isn't this window that Kim made so cute??? All she did was add the Making Memories wall art alphabet letters to her wondow, and then the cute Martha Stewart rubons. I love how it turned out!!!


And now for some totally fun pumpkins...



Kim took a different route for "decorating" her pumpkins this year...


Instead of just carving pumpkins like we typically do, she had some fun with black spray paint and Heidi Swapp masks. Try different words, phrases or even monograms!! So fun!



Another fun idea for pumpkin decorating is glittering them up!!! I got these fake pumpkins at Michael's for 40% off (and I think they're 50% off right now!) and then bought 2 different colors of the Martha Stewart glitter. This glitter is my favorite...the pieces are super fine and sparkly....so awesome. So all you do is dilute your regular craft glue with water. This will allow you more time to work, it won't dry so quickly. Then just sweep the glue on in sections with a foam paint brush, pour the glittler over the glue, tap off the excess glitter and move on to the next section. Seriously, glittering all 3 of these pumpkins was such a fast project and I can use them again next year!





Okay, so you all have until Monday, October 29th to submit your pages for the "Welcome, Fall" challenge. It's so fun to see what's new in our inbox everyday, so keep 'em coming! Thanks again to all of you for supporting us and having fun with us! Now go have some fun with your pumpkins...you still have lots of time to get ready for Halloween!!!




T:)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I absolutely ADORE the pookadotted BOO pumpking! What a great & cute idea! My pumpkins have been sitting around waiting for inspiration to struck & I think it just may have... Thanks! :)

FlipFlop Mom said...

Oh my goodness.. I am really not into that "fake" spider web stuff... but this idea is VERY tasteful and ADORABLE!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!