Monday, January 7, 2008

Challenge #8: "Resolutions"

Happy New Year!!


It's that time again when we think about the things we want to accomplish in the year ahead...and whatever it might be, we thought it would be fun this month if we challenged you to challenge yourself! We want you to do a layout about the goals you've set for yourself and the things you want to accomplish. And if you're still having trouble deciding what it is exactly that you'd like to work on, ask yourself these questions...

"Is there something missing?"
"Is there something you've been putting off?"
"What do you want to change or do better at?"

You might set a big goal...but there's also always little things in our lives that we seem to only make a mental note and say "someday I want to change that..." Why wait for someday? This month we want to inspire you...encourage you...and be there as you make a fresh start in your life. So start today by deciding what it is you want to work on...and then create a layout about it!



And now for some inspiration....



" A New Day" By Talia Audenart
I love how Talia included an envelope on her layout where she shares her reason for making the resolution she made this year. And I love the colors she choose...it just seems to set the mood for her goal!






"Clean Up & Organize" By Kim Loewen
I created a mini album on my layout with before pictures and words that remind me of what I want to accomplish. I also left some spots to add after pictures! It attaches to my layout by sliding through one of the pattern paper strips.




Remember to email us at thegoodieboxgirls@hotmail.com and attach a copy of your layout so we can post it in the Goodie Gallery!


And check back next week for the sneak peak of this months Goodie Box!!! The Urban Scrapbook has donated an amazing prize package filled with fun stuff!!! You won't want to miss out!



Kim and Talia :)

P.S.  I realized that I forgot to tell you when your deadline would be for submissions!  Oops!  You have until Sunday, January 27th to submit your layouts.  And then On Monday, Janauary 28th we'll announce a winner!!!

7 comments:

tapintosimple said...

very inspirational!!! You girls are so great!
Take care...
Diane R

Itworksforbobbi said...

I absolutely love the hidden elements to your layouts. So fun and inspiring!I've got to think about this one a bit....

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great challenge! i may use your prompt with the pub ad challenge for this week. love the new layouts!

Alicia said...

Love the layouts! What a great way to permanantly "glue down" our resolutions for the year, so we have to follow through :)

Talia said...

I always find that when I write something down I'm much more inclined to actually do it. I have my layout on display in my room right now as a constant reminder!

Lauren said...

This is a good challenge for January and a good challenge for me! I did a 2007 reflection at the end of December, but I haven't done more the blog my 2008 "resolutions." I will have to try this out! :)

Happy New Year!

Veronica said...

Hi
Happy New YEAR!!

I just made one last night.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2192/2176353722_276c0c2c4e_o.jpg